HTML Code For A Custom Tweet This Button for Blogger

NOTE: GoodNCrazy.com has moved to the world of self hosted Wordpress! If you haven't please subscribe to the GoodnCrazy.com RSS feed you'll still be able to find me over there! Cheers!

Okay, for a while now I've been trying out various methods to add a TWEET THIS button to my Blogger Post Template. You know? The little Twitter Bird at the end of posts allowing readers to directly tweet out a post!

Well, now I've got it. Just in case you want one...??

First locate a Twitter Birdie icon, or create something in Photoshop or Elements quick!

In blogger go to settings/formatting scroll down to post template and place this code in the box. .



The parts in ALL CAPS are the custom parts you will replace.

  1. The words you want to show in the tweet.(Mine says "Tweeting about this GoodNCrazy post!")
  2. The tinyurl of your blog's home page.(If you want a tiny url of your actual post you can manually change each time for just that post if you want.)
  3. The photobucket image of a bird. (If you don't know how to use photobucket or need a free twitter image, contact me!)
  4. Your blog title.


Test my example here:

Tweet Me from GoodNCrazy.com



MORE bloggy tutes

24 comments:

TidyMom said...

how cool is that?! I just tweeted your post!!

I'm currently working on a blog makeover - I may add this!! Thanks!!

~TidyMom

Jenni said...

I might have to try that!!! Thanks for the tute!

Anonymous said...

I've had a Tweet This button for some time but haven't been able to customize it like you have so this is VERY helpful - thanks so much!

Carissa could you email me a cute little birdie? I don't have photobucket yet. pwetty pweese with sugar on it?

marvwilson2010@gmail.com

Mrs4444 said...

Wow! That's very impressive!

Sticky said...

I'm trying, but nothing yet...could you send me a cute little birdy tooo?

Sticky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sticky said...

evidently I can't leave coments, either!

I figured it out, Thanks so much Carissa...you always have the best gagets!

TexasRed said...

This is great! Can you send me the little bird? Could I use an image from my hardrive instead of a Photobucket image?

Anonymous said...

thx for the code :) i have it working on my blog now. woot!

Sticky said...

Help!
my code was working - now it isn't...If you click the button you go to twitter, but it doesn't add the tiny url or anything else. any ideas?

Jocasta said...

Argghhh Bloglines - I thought you were to busy to post and had stopped updating your blog!

I have so much to catch up on!

Manresa said...

Carissa, do you manually insert the TinyURL for each post?

♥Niya♥ said...

This is so cute. Looking for cute things to add to my blog

Cindy Bracken said...

Thank you so much for this tip! I just started using it on my blog and it was very easy to do.

Anonymous said...

Great for standard twitter, but i can't seem to make it work for m.twitter.com :(
Probably twitter's fault. :/

Natalie W said...

I can't believe it!! I found one that actually works. I've been trying different html and they all didn't work and this is the only one i found that worked!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!

Ashley said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I have been trying and trying to get a tweet this button on my posts, and I have failed at all! This is perfect!

Global Social Outbreak said...

good info and it is not crazy.

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Thanks, I wanted to add this but didn't know how. I'm going to give it a try. I'm also going to mention this on my Friday "Things I Learned This Week" post at www.zemeks.blogspot.com with a link back here.

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

I can't figure out how to make photobucket work! HELP can you send me a cute bird?

Jon said...

Technology hates me, but after quite a few tries I got!! :D I really appreciate your efforts and all the best.

Anonymous said...

Yea! it worked! Thank you sooo much! I have been searching all day and was about to either give up or rip all my hair out- or both! Yea!!!

Ryan said...

I was looking for some code without the image to include in my blog and modified yours and it worked great. I don't know what I was doing wrong but there is a lot of misinformation out there - I tried 2 other methods - so testing and persistence is the key.

Also, if you include RT @yourTwitterName in your message you can track how many people have retweeted your message.

Would you mind sharing this on Twitter

Ryan said...

Now if only I could remember to double check my comment before I hit the submit button I would be able to ask people to RT the right account on Twitter.

Sorry for the typo.


Oh my heck! I was featured. And it didn't hurt or anything!



Photobucket



gmbmbadge.jpg







1581884212_57276dd550_o