Until next fall...

This is the last of my homemade applesauce. I made 7 quarts last fall. I had no idea what I was doing, and just read a couple recipes online before digging in. I used Jonathon, red delicious and gold delicious because I did not want to add sugar to it. That's it. No other ingredients.

I borrowed a grinder from a friend and it came out more chunky than saucy. Which meant the two younger kids did NOT like it. But fifth grader and I LOVED it. We would sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over ours first...yum.

This fall I will invest in a good sieve and make at least twice as much!!

3 comments:

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Looks yummy. I still haven’t had time to try out any new fonts. Maybe this weekend!
Megan

Ann Stewart said...

Hi Carissa,
This is Abby's Mom. I love homemade applesauce, also. Especially when it is made from golden delicious apples. It looks so pretty in the jars and gives you a sense of accomplishment when you've finished the canning. Have a great day. Ann

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

That sounds like a compliment from someone who knows! Thanks a bunch! I just wish I had more?


Oh my heck! I was featured. And it didn't hurt or anything!



Photobucket



gmbmbadge.jpg







1581884212_57276dd550_o