Midnight and 6:54(AM) do not play well.

Midnight is raucous.

Wants to finish that project before going to bed. Likes watching House around 10PM and would so much rather do the dishes tomorrow. Midnight figures the kids will let her sleep in, and if not, actually believes there will be time for a nap? If Midnight starts reading a book, she cannot put it down and will stay up past her bedtime reading 'just one more chapter'.

6:45(AM) wakes up perky and bounces out of bed. 6:45(AM) makes a nutritious breakfast and while slowly savoring it (sitting down) makes a tidy to do list. 6:45(AM) checks off each item with a fastidious (obsessive) flair. Every child receives exactly 47.3 minutes of alone mommy time. And those same children are nestled in their beds by 8PM. 6:45(AM) then nestles herself down with a hot cuppa cocoa and the latest Phillipa Greggory book and has lights off by 9:45PM in order to have precisely 8 hours of sleep. 6:45(AM) would have a coronary if every dish wasn't cleaned and put away every evening.

We hate 6:45(AM).

(Possibly because Midnight and I are jealous).

But starting Monday morning. 6:45(AM) has been banished for 2 and a half months! Summoned to the dungeon of Summer Break Castle. (May she rot, and never come out).

Midnight is up for a rockin' good time (and NO EARLY MORNINGS).


5 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

So true!

In a week I'll be more midnight than 6:45 am as well. Now if I could only teach the kids to be quiet in the morning.

Laura said...

Midnight and me have a very loyal relationship even when we meet 6:45 in the morning I never let midnight go. Maybe I should, nah!

Jillybean said...

Midnight and 6:45 a.m can coexist in the same house at the same time. You just need to make sure that "case of diet Coke" is living there also.

Bonnie the Boss said...

I was so that way before I got sick. 2:00 and I were good friends.

Jaime said...

Midnight? Heck, lately I've been seeing 3 AM!


Oh my heck! I was featured. And it didn't hurt or anything!



Photobucket



gmbmbadge.jpg







1581884212_57276dd550_o