Do you RA(w)K?

RAK= Random Acts of Kindness.

Do you RA(w)K?

Random Acts

Small or big?

Here's my plan. To actively find (at least) one RAK everyday for the month of December. Will I blog about each one...? Probably not. I hope to have some RAK for the bloggy world too... hmm have to get creative about that eh?

Here's one big thing my family is doing this year. We found through our little town an organized program where you 'adopt' a family. You get the clothing sizes and the genders of the family members and maybe some small items on a wish list. You then do the shopping for these items, wrap them up and bring them in for the organization to deliver. Talk about the perfect thing to do with my family this year.

It's been a roller-coaster ride for us this year, nothing awful, ups and downs and lately I'm having a hard time listening to the me me me whines coming from three three three little kids. They will get so much more out of picking out a Christmas for another family, than continually whining and picking out more more more for themselves.

How about something small I'm doing? This might sound evil or selfish but honestly I am working on patience while standing in long lines this year especially when there are *not so smart* people ahead of me or whatever... Sure I'll let someone in line ahead of me and all that... but my big..okay little RAK is to be kind while in line.

And for you?

Some girly shops. Why? Because you RA(w)K.

Dusty's Designs.
Lately people have been asking --how can I get a great little 125x125 button, or --I just need an etsy banner or --how about a new holiday themed blogger header? My friends, this is the place. She makes these for $5, and from what I can see she will work up a custom banner in awesome style! FIVE DOLLARS? WhooHoo! Nicole is behind these great graphics!
~~~~~
I met this next shop girly gal via twitter when I noticed her talking about fabric...well of course I had to follow her and find out what/why/how...
Sweet Girl Boutique is her shop, and if you dig a bit you'll find her fabric shop too! Are we in heaven? Girly stuff AND fabric? Yes.
~~~~
And for the girly girl's stomach? Wow, I'm in heaven looking through these. I think the grapeseed infused oils will make awesome gifts... I'll be keeping one for myself, TYVM.
See Kristie's Wildtree site.

~~~~
And last... I love Funky Finds. I've had conversations with the girly girl behind this one and she cracks me up and finds awesome items. I see coupons and discounts over there right now... go take a look...

~~~~

And remember..
reminders from the dashboard (RAK 3)
Photo generously allowed by Jill Allyn @ flickerJillAllyn

Photobucket

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

This sounds great, Carissa! It looks like we found a nursing home that will let us sing carols.

Anonymous said...

Oooh I like the bumper sticker - and the note. Great things you're working on - especially the adopt a family. :)

Jenni said...

I love the idea of adopting a family! AWESOME!

Joy said...

We are giving to Toys for Tots at the Hockey game Saturday night.

I was gonna do a RAK at Starbucks the other day hehe I know that sounds funny but this has been done for me before and we passed it on that day to the car behind us, so I have wanted to do it again. I had planned on buying the coffee for the car that pulled behind me-but then it was this oh so rich looking chic in her big fat BMW and I couldn't do it. I will try again:)

The biggest RAK that has been pulled on us was the week after christmas 2005 I was HUGE preggo. Shane, Wyatt and I stopped to eat while out spending some xmas cash. We sat down in a booth, I noticed the family sitting behind shane it was a man, wife, and 4 kids. They left before we even ordered. We sat ate our food had a good lunch and then our waitress dropped the bomb, they had paid for our entire meal! I cried (I was very emotional), they were from out of town and on their way home and told her not to tell us til we were to get our check.

Jocasta said...

What a great idea - love the RAK's and I might have to start with patience as well!

t said...

Every year we pick a local family to give to...I usually pick a working single Mom because I've been there/done that for almost 8 years. My kids LOVE doing this...and it gives us a great sense of giving.

I was also thinking of giving to you...because you give so much...so I'm shipping my three youngest out to you for a long weekend. Oh, and Mr. Handsome's two sons as well. You're ok with that, right? I know you appreciate my kind of giving.......

Kate said...

Hey girl - Love the post. We have something similar here too, it's a great program.

Kristina P. said...

Carissa, the blogging world missed you!


Oh my heck! I was featured. And it didn't hurt or anything!



Photobucket



gmbmbadge.jpg







1581884212_57276dd550_o