Family Reunion: Picture time...

How to document such a thing?

A Family Reunion is like...a box of chocolates....
Wait no.. it's like stubbing your toe in the dark...
Wait... it's like a giant hen house of cackling hens with the baby chicks running everywhere...
Or.. more like a zoo? The mess? The monkeys? The FUN!
Heaven... or Hell? Sometimes a little of both.

little boy in sprinkler black and white summer time fun

I come from one of THOSE kinds of families. The really big kind.

Please meet my big fat Mormon Family. 65+cousins on my mom's side alone... Those 65+ cousins are nearly all grown and have children of their own.. how many you ask?? We lose count at 175+? Some of those cousins already have grand-kids. In fact I am a great aunt 3x over!

We get together every other year, rotating through my mother's siblings like a roulette wheel. This past summer my mom was the 'host'. This means everyone was invited back to our homestead in Eastern Utah... where 4Wheelin' is King and staying dry while river rafting is NOT an option!


Who might you find at this big fat Mormon reunion?

A Dad with his baby... (OMGosh you did NOT just say THAT!)

Dad and baby family reunion


A Grandma...(contemplating the dishes for that many..again!)

grandma at family reunion


A Great-Grandma—My Dad's Mom, My Dad's grand-daughter (and my daughter).

great grandma and great grand kid family reunion


And a Happy Couple along with cousins teaching each other how to create earth shattering ARMpit Farts!

Photobucket


And one more for good measure...


It was pointed out to me recently that I'm not in any of the pictures from our recent trip to Utah? Um.. does anyone else have this problem? Where it appears that the whole family went on vacation and LEFT MOM HOME???



Next week.. the anniversary trip.. and I promise I AM in some of the pictures!

Oh my heck! I was featured. And it didn't hurt or anything!



Photobucket



gmbmbadge.jpg







1581884212_57276dd550_o