What To Do With Turkey Leftovers?

When Turkey Leftovers Are BETTER Than Firstovers:
...You have to come up with terrific 2nd time around meals.

talkin' turkey


  1. Turkey Pot Pie: Are you even allowed to have turkey leftovers and NOT make Turkey pot pie?
  2. Turkey Pulled BBQ Sandwiches: Use your crockpot and store-bought rolls, easy peasy.
  3. Tukey Tortilla Soup: I kind of pulled this one together from several different soups I make... we'll call it the improvised soup?
goodncrazy blue dots

TUKEY POT PIE

I usually use a store-bought pie crust to top my pie, but the husband asked for a Bisquick pot pie, so we tried it... {the kids said thumbs down but the dad said thumbs up}! It so easy to make your own sauce for pot pie PLEASE don't use creamed canned soup... I promise this is SO much yummier!

Chop up vegetables: onions, potatoes, carrots, celery (& corn) are my favorites for this.
Saute them in a bit of canola oil.
Then boil in enough water to barely cover long enough to soften the potatoes.
Drain and Set aside. (I like to have 4-6 cups total.)

In a medium saucepan melt 2-3 Tablespoons of butter.
Add 3 Tablespoons of flour, whisk and cook for 1 minute (it will look like a paste).
Add 2 boullion cubes and 1 can of chicken broth. Bring to a boil while whisking.
Turn down the heat.
Add a big pinch of rosemary (crush it in your hand first).
Add 1/4 C to 1/2 C of milk depending on how big of a pie you are making.
Add chopped up leftover turkey, mine is frozen so it takes a couple minutes to warm up.
Pour over vegetables in a large pie dish or casserole dish.

Bisquick Topping:

1 Cup Bisquick
1/2 Cup milk
1 Egg
Mix briefly and drop by spoonful over veggies, sauce and Turkey.

Cook 45 minutes at 350 °
Till sauce is bubbly and top is browned

goodncrazy blue dots

TURKEY PULLED BBQ SANDWICHES

I promise this is so EASY.

Step one: buy store-bought large rolls
Step two: place chopped up turkey in crock pot
Step three: add one cup BBQ sauce (I like Kraft brand) add one small can tomato sauce, I love how tomato sauce cuts down the bite of the BBQ sauce.

That's it. Heat up in the crock pot serve on the rolls!

goodncrazy blue dots

TURKEY TORTILLA SOUP

Chopped onion, few chopped carrots, 2 small potatoes in bite size chunks, and celery diced.
Saute the veggies in a couple tablespoons of canola oil. (This is step one in pretty much anything I make... chop veggies, saute).

Add to Crock Pot:

Veggies
48oz container of chicken broth
1 Cup of your favorite salsa
1 15 oz can of petite cut tomatoes
few shakes of onion powder and garlic powder

Heat it up for a few hours and add chopped up turkey last and heat through.
Mine seemed like it could use some thickening so I added 1 cup of water with 2 TBLSP of flour mixed in right before I added the turkey.

Serve with cheese, tortilla chips, and lime juice....
(my kids were a big thumbs down on the lime juice, but I totally liked it!)



Enjoy those leftovers!


Top Photo by AtomicShark

Oh my heck! I was featured. And it didn't hurt or anything!



Photobucket



gmbmbadge.jpg







1581884212_57276dd550_o