Who's Your Guru?


"I'll take my advice from Jack.
You take yours from Oprah."

The tweet I shared with @BlogAtHomeMom.

See, I caught a tweet supposedly from Oprah about how she was so busy extracting ticks from her dog..? I mean.. does anyone believe she is tick-harvesting (or tweeting for that matter or both at the same time? Um no.)

Okay I'm going to out myself. I don't love Oprah. Wow.. how nice that feels. It's true and now that I've said it... I feel so light and airy... (did someone faht?)

And while I'm at it can I rant that I really detest that she takes fabulous books and 'Oprah-fies' them?? Barbara Kingsolver, I mean seriously my all time favorite author, from like EONS before she vomited out her book club rating. Oh Pa-lease.

Okay you're saying wait, what's the problem with the whole Oprah-licking of my books? Isn't it great? She finds books and then the whole world gets to read them... and maybe they wouldn't have read them otherwise? —Yeah great.

Except for the sheep mentality problem.

You heard me right. What ever happened to talking to a friend about a recent book they stayed up all night reading? —Or oh my gosh... GOING to the library and BROWSING {...okay okay... so I Browse via my online library search tool too..whatevs..you know what I mean!} What shall I wear today? I'll just go ask Oprah, she'll tell me. What shall I have for breakfast today.. HOORAY! Oprah knows the perfect thing. Good thing she got paid to tell me about it! And thinking. On my own? Heck no. That's what Oprah's there for..she thinks FOR me!

Oh and shall we start in about Dr. Phil? No I didn't think so.

At this point in my twitter conversation.. a few others jumped in with "Martha probably doesn't even iron those D*mn sheets herself!" {Not a direct quote, but close.}

And I worried it's possible they all think I'm like a complete pop culture-a-phobe. And while I beg my hubby on a weekly basis to release me from the vow "thou shalt always watch watever sitcom the spouse is in love with because there is only one couch in this house" I would be overjoyed and blessed to never have to watch another reality show... {whoops new rant there...}

I feel the need to share with my peeps the fact that I've seen all 1400 seasons of 24 with Jack Bauer.

Favorite Quote of this season: "Not TODAY." ~~I find I need to say it about 3 times a day in fact..

So my bloggy friends:






Tweet Me from GoodNCrazy.com

photo credits:Aubele AND Alan Light


Oh my heck! I was featured. And it didn't hurt or anything!



Photobucket



gmbmbadge.jpg







1581884212_57276dd550_o