Mundane Made Maddening


I just got the heating bill in the mail.

It is $50 less than last month! (Let’s not talk about how it should have been $50 less LAST month….)

Instead let’s do some George Bush funny math. Since it could have been even colder this last heating cycle (see--global warming is good for something) it’s really like I saved at least $70, right? And with that $70 I could clip lots of coupons and save plenty on toilet paper and Suddenly Salad. Saving myself even more, right? I was going to buy TP and noodles anyway, so now I’ve increased it up another $20. And if I think about how I did not have to run the air conditioning this month (like stinkin’ last year), oh I must be up to $200 at least. There must be a few other bills and such that I’m saving on and don’t even know it. What I’m getting at is this;

I would like to spend our special George Bush Tax incentive money on a new-ish piano (ours is very sad--charity wouldn’t even haul it away for FREE!) . Hubby doesn’t agree. And don’t you think that if I tell him how much I saved this month alone without even trying…. Yeah, I didn’t think so either.

Notice the mirror added onto the poor thing 70s style? And the lack of a real piano bench? And the craptastic finish? Oh, and the piano tuner made it very clear there will be no more 'tuning' in this piano's lifetime. I know I shouldn't complain it was free for crying out loud.

What are you spending your cash on? Maybe my math skills can help you out. We are alphabetically challenged and won’t get ours for another several months. I’ll work on changing his mind by then.



5 comments:

Kaye Butler said...

You could also recycle the piano, my sister-in-law is going to make shelves out of her piano...they will be beautiful! Therefore, saving even more money!

Amz said...

My favorite, beside the funny math..."craptastic" I love it! Can I use it?

moosh in indy. said...

*fingers crossed* trip to Disneyworld *fingers crossed*
My craptastic piano could almost take yours in a battle, but the mirror totally gives yours the edge.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Disney's a good choice for those extra $$, but I'm stickin' to my piano mantra..

And that piano battle would be worth watching! Mine also has a broken damper pedal, so there.

Bonnie the Boss said...

I think craptastic is a great word too. I wish I had a craptastic piano. We have a craptastic keyboard. So when you get rid of it let me know.


Oh my heck! I was featured. And it didn't hurt or anything!



Photobucket



gmbmbadge.jpg







1581884212_57276dd550_o