Kids In The Kitchen: Quesadillas!

GoodnCrazy summer series Help! My kids are driving me crazy!
{click to see the whole series}

Olé! It's Fiesta Time!


Jennifer from Savor The Thyme has provided an excellent post about creating fabulous Quesadillas with the kids! Jennifer is a Stay at home mom and fun foodie blogger!





"We have all been told to let our children ‘help’ in the kitchen and I have found that not only is it a great way to teach them about cooking, it is also a great way to empower them. What kid does not love the ideas of getting to make their own choices or ‘do what they want’? One way we let our kids have their free rein is when it comes to making Quesadillas. I simply place all of our favorite ingredients (and sometimes throw in new one) out and let them choose and assemble it.

This is truly a great way to entertain the children, use up leftovers, AND create a frugal and healthy meal."
I love how Jen created a buffet of options for the kids to 'try'... mine are always willing to try something once! They don't always like it, but I think it's really important to keep them trying!

See the rest of her post and ideas for Lil' Kid Quesadilla options!

1.
For Mom! I have been looking for a swim suit for.. well the whole summer! What do you think? Will this one work? I found a new althetic store called Athleta.com.. cool stuff huh?





2.
I just came across this great book! You Think It's Easy Being The Tooth Fairy? Hilarious! By Sheri Bell-Rehwoldt. (catch her on twitter!)





3.
For tweener girls. GirlzLikeMe! An intriguing site where girls can safely upload pictures of themselves and talk with other girls. There's a place to upload artwork and other creative ways to express themselves. Plus check out the blog. I like that this site is run by a young girl!


4.
Car Travel Tips for Family Road Trips from About.com


5.
Fun Stuff for the Car: BackSeat Boredom Printables from FamilyFun.com.

Oh my heck! I was featured. And it didn't hurt or anything!



Photobucket



gmbmbadge.jpg







1581884212_57276dd550_o