Technical Difficulties: The Re-Install

  • Step One: Pray for a safe return
  • Step Two: Back up EVERYTHING on Mozy Digital Backup System.
  • Step Three: Pray my Photos are safe.
  • Step Four: .... um.. now what? How do I start over anyway?


Gonna be a long weekend. The plan is to have the hard drive re-installed and some additional RAM added?

And if that fails?
Time to go hunting for some computer deals!

Please Send Internet Karma My Way?

Thanks.

~~~

Update:

The Re-Install was successful.
The wireless driver that was the problem in the first place?
Apparently that was a common promlem on my type of laptop and they were replacing them up until APRIL of this year. So if yours fell apart AFTER APRIL of this year?? Too bad, that will cost $400 to replace the mother board.
Good Night. I need to take a break from pain in the butt computers for a weekend. Ugh.

~~~~

Update: Update:

Okay. You can buy an 'external' wireless driver thingy (looks like a flash/thumb drive) plugs into a usb port. Cost: $39.
Now for the memory update. For $35 I purchased two 1GB RAM Memory sticks AND installed them both (BY. MY. SELF.—pats on back) after watching a YouTube video. Am I awesome or what? Ready to re-install Photoshop Elements version 6 and see if we rock with our extra RAM...?

~~~

So far total cost $74 (and one very annoying weekend).

~~~

last one...
We're back... all my photos are safe and sound and all tucked in..
Thank you and good night.


Oh my heck! I was featured. And it didn't hurt or anything!



Photobucket



gmbmbadge.jpg







1581884212_57276dd550_o