Shred Sled, Awesome Kid Skillz

Does she make this look easy or what?



We pulled the Shred Sled out of the box and I thought: Uh Oh, what have we done? Can we really use this thing? The kiddos took it straight out to the driveway and um...

Let's just say we sucked.

Sadie (my 11yrold) tried it and she gave it a great effort but couldn't see how to start-or move-or even get on it! My 8yrold is our more coordinated kid and even when I held her up to start out, it was a no go. (I admit I gave it a tiny effort, but dude, it's harder than it looks!)

shred sled

At this point we pulled out the instructions... ahem..
OH.
It says:
use a wall when you are starting to Learn.
Well duh, that made sense!


I could see the sparkle-determination-in-her-eyes and Sadie spent another 30 minutes trying to teach her feet to say on the twisty-turny-not-quite-a-skateboard! Within about 4 days of her after school attempts. Sadie had it down. She can start (without the wall), navigate circles, and is having a blast!


goodncrazy blue dots

GoodNCrazy Thoughts:


They claim you can ride the Shred Sled uphill? So far she's awesome on a very slight incline, and she's dying to try it on a local skate park! She's happy to zoom around with it most afternoons, and I don't think she'll really outgrow it any time soon. Which is awesome because it's getting really hard to find fun gifts for her anymore?

It's really only for older kids, my 8yrold still hasn't mastered it, and that drives her kinda crazy. My 5yrold plays with it but only under serious supervision... And believe me you do not want to trip over this thing (ask me how I know...)!

Cost: $119.99 and comes in red, blue and black.

Oh my heck! I was featured. And it didn't hurt or anything!



Photobucket



gmbmbadge.jpg







1581884212_57276dd550_o