NOTE: Contest Closed
When I was asked to get involved with Office Max's campaign to end teacher-funded classrooms. I was all... HECK yeah! Call me a Max Mom, call me a pooped out tired grouchy mom, but PLEASE let me help out with this! My dad was a teacher... with 10 kids in my family! Believe me... I get what it means to help a teacher out. And now YOU can help simply by nominating your favorite teacher in the comments!
Teachers spend $4 billion annually! That's why OfficeMax joined with Adopt-A-Classroom to create "A Day Made Better"—a national cause event founded to erase teacher-funded classrooms. This year, “A Day Made Better” will take place on October 6 where 1,000 teachers will be surprised in their classrooms each with $1,000 worth of essential supplies from OfficeMax. That’s more than one million dollars donated to help teachers! Principals at needy schools nominated the teachers for demonstrating dedication, innovation, and passion.
To pay-it-forward, OfficeMax and Mom It Forward have teamed up to create awareness about the issue of teacher-funded classrooms and to give you the opportunity to get involved and help a teacher in your community on behalf of the “A Day Made Better.” Here’s how…
Simply nominate a teacher of your choice to win this giveaway by following the entry requirements. Be sure to check out the prize and criteria!
One exceptional teacher will receive a ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR gift card to OfficeMax. This can go a long way when it comes to classroom supplies!
- Dedication: does everything in his/her power to deliver the best possible education for his/her students.
- Innovation: thinks outside the box and engages his/her students through creative learning activities & programs.
- Passion: expresses a genuine passion for education and shares this enthusiasm in the classroom.
- Need: demonstrates a need for essential classroom supplies.
To enter your teacher, you are required to do TWO things.
(Note: post a separate comment for each entry.)1. Nominate him or her in your comment
(or you may link to a blog post if that's easier)
Please keep your nomination comment (or blogpost) under 400 words.
2. Post at least one of these messages on Facebook and/or Twitter. (Note: Be sure to leave 2nd comment here with link to your message.)
- Teachers spend avg $1200 of own $$ on school supplies annually! Help erase teacher-funded classrooms. http://bit.ly/3VUNvC PLS RT #omx
- Nominate a teacher 2 win $100 in OfficeMax classroom supplies. Enter here: http://tr.im/zRMf PLS RT #omx
- Join the “A Day Made Better” movement to end teacher-funded classrooms at http://bit.ly/UJ3LF #omx
Thanks so much for helping pay-it-forward to teachers in your community! Please join us on Tuesday 29 from 9 to 11 pm ET for Girls Night Out (#gno) on Twitter if you’d like to meet the team behind the cause: @officemax, @adaymadebetter and @Adopt_Classroom. Hope to see you there!
*disclosure: I received A small financial compensation from OfficeMax which I spent on supplies that I donated to the teacher my MaxMom group supported.
Entries are due Sunday, October 4 by midnight PDT. No purchase necessary to enter. Winners will be selected by me based on the entry that in my opinion meets the above criteria. OfficeMax, Adopt-A-Classroom and Mom It Forward play no part in choosing the winner of this giveaway. OfficeMax, Adopt-A-Classroom, and Mom It Forward employees are ineligible to enter. In a spirit of fairness, my personal friends and family members are also ineligible. Entries that do not follow all of the entry requirements will not be considered. The winner will be notified and have 24 hours to confirm receipt of the email. If no response is received within 24 hours, another winner will be selected. Open to participants in the U.S. 18 years and older.