I've been busy!

I am working on opening an Etsy shop. I can't tell if it's worth it though. I keep reading about folks who aren't able to sell anything, and that Etsy isn't very helpful with marketing?

This is my first item for Etsy. The outer fabric is silk, and lined with a light cotton. It has a light interfacing which helps it keep its shape but doesn't make it too stiff. There is an inside pocket, but I didn't think it lent itself to an outside pocket? This is my first attempt at using these bamboo handles. I liked it so much I made a second one right up! I also used a nylon strap and I like how it's kind of Barbie gone industrial.

Here's a look at the inside.


This next bag isn't for sale yet... My sis-in-law is doing some sort of 'boutique' in a week and she's going to try to sell this (and the rest) for me. We'll see. The biggest problem is pricing? I look at bags and things like this and think, oh, I could make it for less than that! So I don't know what's a 'selling' price. If I want to pay myself minimum wage (that's what my fancy degree is for right?), I have to charge at least between $15 and $25, depending on supplies. Is that too high? Too low? Would you pay $25? Again, this bag has silk with a cotton contrasting white fabric. And it's totally reversible. It's also deeper than the other three bags so far.


And my new favorite. I don't know if I can part with this one? It's a different type, maybe a slouchy hobo bag? I need some names for these...


PS. The same sis-in-law as above is allowing me to use her sewing machine while mine is in the shop. In case you were wondering whether I was making these by the sweat of my fingers...

Other bags I've made so far. Bag 1. Bag 2.

Oh my heck! I was featured. And it didn't hurt or anything!



Photobucket



gmbmbadge.jpg







1581884212_57276dd550_o